Why do WSET Level 2 with Loki?
We are the only wine merchant in Birmingham to offer WSET Level 2 wine courses which means we can offer the customer a more complete experience than any other provider:
- As we buy wine direct we can cut out the middle man and offer more premium wines for tasting during the course than any other provider, offering better value.
- The staff are all WSET level 2 or higher qualified which means you can drop in at any time and ask for advice or help in person.
- We have a purpose designed wine lounge with plenty of natural light; perfect for wine tasting.
- Loki is available for you to study in free of charge at any time during our opening hours, with our staff on hand to help you during that time.
- As we already have a purpose made venue for wine tasting we have fewer overheads which means we can pass these savings on to the customer.
- We have small class sizes and keep them to a maximum of 12 people.
- Our dedicated wine educator currently has 100% pass rate for WSET courses, and is one of only a handful of Master of Wine Students in the world, making him the most qualified WSET wine educator in Birmingham.
- We believe that wine tasting shouldn’t be stuffy, so we have a modern and relaxed approach to WSET Level 2 making the course fun as well as informative.
- We have 40 wines on tasting in our Enomatic wine machines meaning you can practice your tasting inexpensively. Throughout the duration of your course we will give you 10% off tasting cards* to help you get more tasting experience for less money.
- 10% off wine throughout the duration of your course so you can practice tasting at home.
- In the drinks trade? Talk to us about our trade discounts.**
- Group discount of 10% for group bookings of 10+ people. ***
Course Duration: The WSET Level 2 course is run over three consecutive Mondays and is inclusive of a 50 question multiple choice test at the end of the last day. A mark of 55% is required to pass the course and receive the WSET Level 2 certificate and lapel pin.
The WSET level 2 course is aimed at wine enthusiasts and wine industry employees alike. It is slightly
more in depth than the WSET Level 1 course and is aimed at those who really love wine and want to
learn more. The Level 2 also differs from the Level 1 course in that it also covers some spirits as well as
Course Dates: Over three full Mondays
- 16th, 23rd, 30th October 2017
Wine Tasting: This encompasses the main bulk of the course as it’s the most fun! We’ll learn to taste wine
using the Level 2 WSET® Systematic Approach to Tasting. Grape varieties: We’ll learn about the individual characteristics of wines made from the main grape varieties
– The red grapes covered are: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz, Valpolicella,Gamay, Zinfandel, Grenache, Malbec, Nebbiolo, Tempranillo, Pinotage, Primitivo, Sangiovese and Montepulciano, Aglianico, and Barbera.
– The White grapes covered are: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Pinot Grigio, Gewürztraminer, Semillon, Torrontés, Muscadet, Viognier, Albariño, Cortese and Chenin Blanc and Trebbiano.
The Key wine producing regions of the world: We will cover the key styles of wine production in the following countries: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, USA, Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
Wines Tasted: We will taste over 30 premium wines including Champagne and Port. Sample bottles are sourced from the extensive Loki Wine list.
Wine Labels: What we can learn about a wine from its label.
Social Responsibility: Basic guide to the units of alcohol in a bottle of wine and sensible drinking guidelines.
Wine Service and Storage: Learn the correct way to store and serve wines and identify the common faults found in wine.
Study materials: Students will receive the Level 2 study pack including the course book, work book and laminated tasting card.
Modes of Study: The WSET Level 2 is run as a day release course (one day a week for three weeks).
Examination: A 50 question multiple-choice exam is sat at the end of the course. A mark of 55% is required to pass.
Certification: All successful students will be issued with a certificate and a lapel pin.
Private Study: 16 hours The WSET recommends 16 hours of private study for this course.
Course Price: £320 per person (inclusive of VAT)
Course hours: 10:30am-5:30pm
If booking within 60 days of the course you must pay the full cost when you book. We must receive the full cost of your course (less any deposits already paid) no later than 60 days before the start date. If you make a late booking within 60 days of the course the full amount must be paid immediately. If for any reason the full cost of your course is not received by us within 60 days of the course start date, we will be entitled to treat your booking as cancelled by you and your deposit will be kept. Should you wish to cancel your booking we will refund your money less the cost of the course book and any administration cost we have incurred providing we receive written notice at least 30 days before the start date of the course. If we cancel the course a full refund will be made.
*Up-to £100 in value. Offers can be withdrawn without notice.
**Trade discounts are only available to people who can prove they are directly employed in the drinks trade.
***Group bookings must be made all together for a single course. You can choose any date you like for private WSET Level 1 wine Courses (subject to availability).
For more information on WSET Level 2 courses visit: http://www.wsetglobal.com/qualifications/20.asp