Why do WSET Level 3 with Loki?
We are the only wine merchant in Birmingham to offer WSET Level 3 wine courses which means we can offer the customer a more complete experience than any other provider:
- As we buy wine direct we can cut out the middle man and offer more premium wines for tasting during the course than any other provider, offering better value. No one else in Birmingham shows wines such as Lynch Bages 2010 (at £125 a bottle).
- Our dedicated wine educator currently has above the national average pass rate for all WSET courses, and is one of only a handful of Master of Wine Students in the world, making him the most qualified WSET wine educator in Birmingham.
- The staff are all WSET level 3 or higher qualified which means you can drop in at any time and ask for advice or help in person, even if the wine educator is not in.
- We have a purpose designed wine lounge with plenty of natural light; perfect for wine tasting.
- Loki is available for you to study in free of charge at any time during our opening hours, with our staff on hand to help you during that time.
- As we already have a purpose made venue for wine tasting we have fewer overheads which means we can pass these savings on to the customer. We will beat any other price offered locally for the course.
- We have small class sizes and keep them to a maximum of 12 people.
- We believe that wine tasting shouldn’t be stuffy, so we have a modern and relaxed approach to WSET Level 3 making the course fun as well as informative.
- We have 40 wines on tasting in our Enomatic wine machines meaning you can practice your tasting inexpensively. Throughout the duration of your course we will give you 10% off tasting cards* to help you get more tasting experience for less money.
- 10% off wine throughout the duration of your course so you can practice tasting at home.
- In the drinks trade? Talk to us about our trade discounts.**
- Group discount of 10% for group bookings of 10+ people. ***
Course Duration: The WSET Level 3 course runs over 5 consecutive Mondays
When: February 19th/26th, March 5th/12th/19th, 10am – 5pm
Where: Loki Lounge.
Unit 1 – Wines of the World
- Production of Wine (location, viticulture, vinification, maturation and bottling, labelling regulations)
- France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Central and South Eastern Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand, North America, South and Central America
- Sparkling Wines
- Fortified (Liqueur) Wines
- Information and Advice for Customers and Staff
This unit is evaluated by a multiple choice paper of 50 questions and a question paper requiring short written answers
Unit 2 – Tasting and Evaluating Wines of the World
- WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting – how to taste wines and evaluate the quality, style and price
- This unit is assessed by a blind tasting paper of two wines