We are taking a few weeks break from the online tasting, but we are starting with a first for Loki and featuring wines from one of the most exciting counties for wine production at the moment, Austria.
Austria is one of the countries that often gets overlooked in the UK, and often gets lumped in with Germany, however the wines produced in Austria are stunning and their national variety Gruner Veltliner is truly one of the worlds great white wine varieties, and is the sommelier’s choice for food and wine pairings.
Wer will be joined for this tasting by one of the trailblazing young winemakers in Austria Arnold Holzer.
Wines: One White, Two Reds.
Cheeses: Bel paese, Stinking Bishop and Montagnolo. from Andersons Hill or if you can’t get our cheese set, you can source your own alternatives: Brie, Epoisses and Cambozola.*
6pm – 7:30pm, 16th January
How to join?
You will receive an invitation to Zoom video meeting by Saturday midday, or in your order confirmation. You will have the opportunity to ask any questions you have during the event, please use the live chat for that.
What do you get
- Three 750ml bottles of wine (enough for up-to 3-6 people depending how much you want to drink)
- Live wine tasting with Phil the owner of Loki wine, Paul the wine educator, Will, a cheese expert and the owner of Anderson & Hill, and amazing winemaker Arnold Holzer.
- Local delivery/store pick-up only: optional Anderson & Hill cheese set (approximately 3×100 grams of each cheese).
- Video of the tasting is sent to everyone 2-3 hours after the end of the tasting, so you can enjoy it at a time convenient for you.
- Store pick-up – you can collect the cheese & wine on the week of the tasting from either Loki store from 2 pm on Wednesday – 2pm on Saturday for free, select “collection from store” option at the checkout.
- Local free delivery – get cheese & wine delivered for free if:
- If you live within 5 miles of Loki – place your order by Friday 2pm and it will be delivered on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
- If you live in Solihull & surroundings – place your order by 2pm on Wednesday and get it on Wednesday.
- If you live in Stourbridge & surroundings – place your order by 2pm on Thursday and get it on Thursday.
- If you live in Erdington or Sutton Coldfield – place your order by 2pm on Friday and get it on Friday.
- UK-wide delivery – £7.50 or free for orders over £70. Place your order by Monday 2pm, however as your wine is shipped with UPS express we cannot guarantee that order will be delivered in time for the live tasting. Usually delivery takes 1-3 days. Unfortunately we cannot ship the cheese out via UPS.
*Due to availability of products during the Covid crisis, wines and cheese are subject to change without notice.