WSET level 1 is the perfect starting point for a wine enthusiast or someone looking to start off in the wine trade. The course gives you the basics to start you off on your wine journey.
This course is ONLINE so you can learn about wine from the comfort of your own home, and comprises of 3 x 2 hour (over three weeks) plus an exam the week afterwards – see the schedule below. It is recommended to do an additional 12 hours of private study time during the course.
You will receive 10x 20 ml sample bottles of premium wines which are included in the course price.
During the Online WSET course you will cover exactly the same syllabus as you would in a classroom setting.
What is covered during the online course:
- The main styles of wine
- The most important grape varieties
- The art of food & wine matching
- How to taste wine using the WSET systematic approach to wine
- How to serve and store wine
- Tasting kit which includes 10 20 ml sample bottles of wine covering all the key styles that you need to try on the course
- Official WSET course Study guide
- Access to live lessons
- Recording of the session if you can’t make the live lesson or if you want to recap in your own time.
- Professional WSET tuition from Paul Creamer, the most qualified educator in the Midlands.
- Online exam and all related fees
- Internationally recognised wine qualification with certificate and pin badge
- No previous wine knowledge
- Access to a computer and a stable internet connection
- Basic computer literacy
- 6 hours of live tutored courses (3×2 hour sessions), during the course you will have the ability to interact with the tutor and you will cover all the points that you would usually in a classroom, but without having to leave the house.
- After the three sessions you will sit an online invigilated exam, the cost of which is included in the cost of the course.