This online WSET level 2 wine course is a beginner/intermediate course which is the perfect course which after completing will allow you to progress and explore the world independently. We consider it the most important wine course in the world for any wine enthusiast, and absolutely essential for a wine professional.
This course is ONLINE so you can learn about wine from the comfort of your own home, and comprises of 6 x 2 hour live lessons (over three weeks) plus an exam the week afterwards – see the schedule below. It is recommended to do an additional 24 hours of private study time during the course.
You will receive 40 x 20 ml sample bottles of premium wines which are included in the course price.
During the Online WSET course you will cover exactly the same syllabus as you would in a classroom setting.
What is covered during the online course:
- Taste wine like a professional using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine.
- Advanced food and wine pairing.
- Factors that contribute to the style and taste of wines focusing on the key international grape varieties.
- In depth learning of the key international grape varieties with the opportunity to taste all of them.
- Learn to judge the quality of wines.
- Learn the basic winemaking processes of wine, sparkling wine and fortified wines.
- Discover how to read a wine label and understanding the style, origin and quality of the wine.
Lessons: 1st March, 3rd March, 8th March, 10th March, 15th March 17th March all lessons start at 6pm.
Exam: 22nd March at 6pm.
- Tasting kit which includes 40 x 20 ml sample bottles of wine covering all the key styles that you need to try on the course
- Official WSET course study guide
- Access to live lessons
- Recording of the session if you can’t make the live lesson or if you want to recap in your own time.
- Professional WSET tuition from Paul Creamer, the most qualified educator in the Midlands.
- Online exam and all related fees.
- Internationally recognised wine qualification with certificate and pin badge.
- No previous wine knowledge required, however if you are an absolute beginner it may be worth completing the level 1 course first.
- Access to a computer and a stable internet connection.
- Basic computer literacy.
- 12 hours of live tutored lessons over Zoom (6×2 hour session + an exam). During the course you will have the ability to interact with the tutor and you will cover all the points that you would usually in a classroom, but without having to leave the house.
- After the six sessions you will sit an online invigilated exam, the cost of which is included in the cost of the course.